Today in the mail, I got a bracelet from my sister. She had ordered a batch of these bracelets ages ago, and they finally showed, and she shipped mine down to me. I had honestly forgotten about it. It’s a plan black thin rubbery thing, and it says “no complaints” on it in raised black rubbery letters.
So, in the spirit of my bracelet, I will not complain about the following things:
- That I have a headache
- That I had to clean up cat puke and throw away one of Simon’s toys that was destroyed in the deluge
- That I am currently taking an antibiotic with a potential side effect of “problems sleeping” which has apparently come true for me since I’ve had three days (out of six on the drug) where I didn’t go to sleep until after 3 a.m., and on two of those days, I didn’t go to sleep until after 4 a.m.
- That I am still getting free English textbooks addressed to me with a school I haven’t worked with for over three years
- That I haven’t heard back about an email I sent two days ago to check up on a few things that were supposed to be in motion back in December (hello, DISD?)
- That my printer sometimes seems to take some sort of perverse pleasure in deciding what it will print and what it won’t print
- That the woman who did my manicure asked if I wanted an eyebrow wax and seemed very surprised that I did not, in fact, want one (screw you, too!)
- That I discovered that, at 3:30 in the afternoon, my to do list has about 20 hours worth of things to do still on it
- That I had a nightmare that someone else took my idea about a series of grammar books and published them before I did
- That I really don’t have that much to complain about…it’s really just little things that I should get over and move past and work on.