I love reading the ‘Style’ section of the Sunday paper. Each week, I look forward to seeing what I can’t afford but what I should be breaking the 10th Commandment by looking at. They are kind enough to cover what girls should spend on their prom dresses (hint: hundreds of dollars, not including their purses and shoes) and then show how much people upgrade their homes and pay what could be considered a year’s salary for most of America in order to make their living rooms look even more sterile.
But I digress.
This weekend, the paper was kind enough to include ‘A Dozen Ideas for Father’s Day 2015.”
- $600 boots
- $200 sunglasses
- $3,500 watch
- $200 to $400 cologne
- $65 bow tie
- $40 shaving kit
- $300 ‘emulsion’ to ‘[hydrate] a dull, dry face’
- $50 hat
- $200 shoes
- $70 swim trunks
- $750 briefcase
- $250 Fit Bit
Okay, admittedly, two of the items were $50 or less, so I suppose that you don’t truly need to be rolling in it to purchase those. But for what you get – a cheesy fedora or a shaving kit – I can’t help but think that the money might be better spent.
I decided to go ahead and come up with my own dozen ideas for those of us who read the style guide and giggle.
Here it is – ‘A Dozen Ideas for Father’s Day 2015 When You Only Have $20 to Spend’
- $9 Black Military Shoe & Boot Clean Kit with Tactical Travel Case
- $15 Twelve Superhero Pinhole Glasses
- $15 Classic Calculator and Calendar Watch
- $11 Three Pack of Axe Body Spray, Cool Metal
- $4 Blue Blinky Light Bow Tie
- $6 Microwavable Face Wax Kit
- $16 Menscience Eye Gel Mask
- $7 Stylish Retro Lion Head Shape Rivet Embellished Baseball Cap
- $12 Set of 12 Black Flip Flops
- $5 Sexy Men’s Thong Man Swimming Underwear G-Strings Comfy Mesh Gauze Swimwear (Admittedly, you do *not* want to see your father wearing these!)
- $5 Fanny Pack (Sample – free fanny pack, but $5 shipping cost)
- $10 3D Smart Pedometer Sport Bracelet Watch Step Walking Distance Calorie Counter Activity Tracker
Maybe not all my ideas were winners – or serious – but I think it shows that you can have a whole lot of fun for less than $20 and still get something good for your father. Unless your father is an asshole. Then get him this.